How to Ship Your Car Anywhere
Moving? It's not too unusual for folks to be in a position of having to get car shipping quotes. Sometimes a new job may require you to relocate. Perhaps there is a need to move closer to family members. No matter the reason, auto shipping may be necessary so that you can have transportation at your new residence without having the expense and hassle of buying a new car.
Using some sort of car transport system makes a lot of sense, even if the destination is reachable by road. Shipping your car will save time and expense. Fewer miles will be put on the car and you can eliminate the possibility of a costly break down while enroute on a long cross country trip.
When you are making the decision to ship your car, consider the following:
1. First, decide if shipping your vehicle is your best option. You will find that in most instances it makes the most sense in terms of expense and saving time.
2. It's important for you to receive vehicle shipping quotes so that you know exactly what the expenses may be.
3. Before you get your car shipping quotes, make a list of all of the questions you may have about the car transport services. Consider asking things such as reliability of delivery, on time performance, how a claim works if there is damage to the vehicle, what transport methods are employed and any other optional services that may be available.
4. Be sure to check with your insurance company to see if there are any specific provisions in your automobile policy that may apply to your particular car transport situation.
5. If there is going to be a period of time between when you arrive at your destination and when your car arrives, be certain to check on alternate forms of transportation for this period of time. Check with your new employer to see if they have any special discounts arranged with a rental car agency. If you are moving closer to family members, check to see if someone has a car they would be able to loan you until your car arrives.
6. Remember that the timeframe for vehicle transport is usually measured in weeks - plan accordingly.
7. When you bring your car to the vehicle transport service, be sure to thoroughly clean it inside and out. Also remove all items from the car including the trunk and glove box. Be sure to make a detailed list of all body damage with a representative from the car transport service.
This will be invaluable if you need to file a claim after transport.
While all of the above steps are important, you won't know exactly where you stand until you receive your car shipping quotes. You want to receive your quotes early on in the process so that you can plan around this expense.
Getting a quote is simple and it doesn't cost you a thing to receive one. Be sure and fill out our free vehicle transport quote form and get the process started today!